Friday 17 December 2010

The Haunted Door - Beeleigh Abbey



The Haunted Door


This door belongs to Beeleigh Abbey in Maldon. This photograph belongs to a project that I have done on doors. I went to Beeleigh Abbey because it was a very old building and I hoped the doors would have a lot of detail in them because I knew that the Abbey was very old and was a very grand building. This door in particular is one of my favourites because the texture of the wood contrasts against the texture of the bricks. I think having the door in black and white really works as it helps to portray the age of it and the story behind it. The door has also got a story behind it which I think is important and it helps to add to the picture. The door was the servants' entrance and some people say the door is haunted by the ghost of a maid.

No comments:

Post a Comment